The Information Literacy website is maintained by a team of volunteers. They are:
- Dan Pullinger, University of Leeds (Website Manager)
- Suzannah Bridge, Plumpton College, Sussex
- Emma Burnett, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Roisin Cassidy, Save the Children
- Jade Kelsall, independent e-learning consultant
- Emily Selvidge, University College London
- Sharon Wagg, PhD researcher, Loughborough University
The Editorial Team works to a set of Terms of Reference.
Development of the Information Literacy website
The Information Literacy website was developed in 2005 by the Information Literacy Group, which was a special interest group of the CILIP Community Service Group. The site received support from a range of groups, including:
- CILIP CSG Information Literacy Group (now the CILIP Information Literacy Group)
- Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP)
- CILIP Community Services Group (now the CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group)
- Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL)
- School Library Association (SLA)
- Research Information Network (RIN)
Special thanks go to Eduserv, who made the Information Literacy website possible by providing web design and hosting services from 2005 to 2010. The Information Literacy website was launched by Jonathan Douglas, (formerly Head of Learning and Access at the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA), now Director of the National Literacy Trust) at the Librarians’ Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC) in 2005.
The site is now solely maintained by the CILIP Information Literacy Group through the kind support of librarians who volunteer their time and passion.
Previous authors of the website include: