Aston University Library will be running a free Teachmeet on the theme ‘Supporting online learners, what works? A discussion of innovative methods in providing distance learners with information literacy and library skills’.
The Teachmeet will take place at Aston University Library on Wednesday 12th July from 1pm-4pm. This event is sponsored by the CILIP Information Literacy Group.
There are several presenters already confirmed, and there should be some lively discussion with plenty of opportunity for attendees to discuss the presentations and share best practice. Presentations will include:
- Paul Biggs (Staffordshire University) – ‘More than a postal loan’ helping Distance Learning students make the most of Library Services.
- Liam Bullingham (University of Sheffield) – ‘Engage Everywhere: the FET Digital Delivery Project.’
- Amanda Closier (Open University) – OU approach to teaching digital and information literacy skills and how the library connect with students through Livestream, Blackboard Collaborate (soon Adobe Connect) and recently, Facebook Live!
- Francesca Cornick (Warwick University) – ‘Supporting students at The Shard.’
- Deb Tovey – (Aston University) – ‘The challenges in provision of information literacy support to online learners with a disability.
The event is free, but there is limited availability so make sure you book a place!