CILIP’s Information Literacy Group and the Multimedia, Information and Technology Group (MmIT) invite you to join them for a day-long conference of seminar talks and activities from digital literacy experts at the University of Liverpool in London on Friday 5th August 2016.
Are you currently involved in developing, supporting and delivering digital literacy skills in your library? Are you engaged in developing information literacy frameworks which include digital literacy (and vice-versa)? Do you want to find out more about what others are doing in this area and to what level? Then this conference is for you. Our speakers will enlighten you as to how their services are involved in and support the digital literacy agendas in their respective institutions and sectors.
The conference will run from 9.30am to 4.00pm and will include the following speakers:
- Extending Digital Literacy – Luke Burton (Digital Transformation Manager, Newcastle Libraries)
- Digital literacy in the NHS – Kearan Lamb (Knowledge and Library Service Manager ,Stockport NHS Trust)
- Technology, digital capabilities and the language of change – David Walker (Head of Technology Enhanced Learning, University of Sussex)
- Digital Nirvana – Moira Wright, (Digital Literacy Officer, University College London)
- The role public libraries play in supporting digital literacy – Jacquie Widdowson (Blackburn with Darwen Library Service and Chair of the Public and Mobile Libraries Group)
- Evaluating the impact of digital literacy programmes: lessons from student ambassadors? – Jane Secker, (London School of Economics and chair of ILG) and Sonia Gomes (London School of Economics Library)
Book your place:
Non-CILIP ILG or MmIT Members: £60 (inc. VAT)
Bookings and full programme information are available via Eventbrite.
If you have any additional queries about booking, please contact the ILG Training Officer, Catherine McManamon: firstname.lastname@example.org or the MmIT Events Coorindator, Nicola Kerr: email@example.com